The Retail General Manager 1 is responsible for maximizing sales and revenues to meet retail’s commitment to the mission and values of Goodwill-Easter Seals in a store with annual revenue of less than $1.5M. Provides high level leadership and guidance through the development and training of retail store personnel and store operations.
Ensures the retail store operates efficiently and effectively.
· Delivers excellent customer service and handles all customer and donor concerns in a timely and effective manner to the satisfaction of the customer/donor.
· Ensures there is a Manager on Duty at all times.
· Directs execution of implementation guide, merchandising principles and signage standards.
· Provides clear communication to store team.
Ensures store talent is trained and developed and manages store personnel needs.
· Creates superior capability by attracting, developing and retaining talent.
· Identifies and evaluates trends in employee strengths and opportunities and provides direction for training and development for future growth and professional opportunities.
· Responsible for high store engagement and productivity by creating an atmosphere of recognition and reward for individual and team contributions.
· Ensures the highest level of integrity and partners with Human Resources on employee concerns and grievances.
Store Business Management
Ensures financial and business control through reporting and communication.
· Communicates issues to District Manager in a timely manner.
· Maximizes donations and controls inventory levels. Analyzes sales, expense and revenue information to maximize contribution to the mission.
· Maximizes commercial and purchased margins through the execution of set work instructions.
· Translates business initiatives into clear team and individual objectives.
· Monitors community and customer trends, including competitor sales and strategies.
Community - Services and Programs
Ensures continued community involvement and education around Goodwill-Easter Seals.
· Partners with volunteer services to ensure a positive relationship with the store’s community.
· Executes job duties in a manner that promotes employment and quality participant experiences.
· Facilitates and participates in partnerships with Case Managers and Retail Liaison when appropriate to enhance the participant and community experience.
· Establishes a store presence in community events and meetings.
· Supports and promotes Goodwill-Easter Seals mission and values.
Safety and Asset Protection
Ensures safety and protection of employees, assets and facilities.
· Directs employees in adhering to loss prevention and safety procedures and initiatives.
· Actively works to reduce workers’ compensation incidents and customer accidents.
· Ensures all customer accidents and workers’ compensation reporting is completed accurately and on time.
· Identifies potential facility concerns and addresses them in a timely and cost effective manner.
Other Duties as Assigned
Performs other responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with supervisors, employees and customers.
· Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Strong people management and coaching skills.
· Knowledge/expertise working with persons with disadvantages and/or disabilities and barriers to employment.
· Ability to recruit high quality individuals and build a strong team.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
· Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to interact with a diverse population in a human services setting.
· 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.