This position is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service to Goodwill customers and donors, driving and maximizing sales and revenue by delivering consistent merchandising and visual presentation within the retail store. Provides supervision and direction to employees while performing job duties in support of Goodwill-Easter Seals’ mission and values.
Store Business Management
Ensures financial and business control through reporting and communication.
· Ensures financial goals are known by all staff, as well as managing daily performance to ensure all measurable financial metrics are achieved.
· Executes day-to-day activities and assumes Manager on Duty role when assigned; makes timely, high quality decisions using analysis, experience and judgment.
· Models and directs excellence in customer service by ensuring employees are providing fast and accurate service at the registers and that customer concerns and complaints are handled to the customer/donor’s satisfaction at store level.
· Ensures all required reporting is accurate and completed on time.
· Ensures proper authorization procedures are followed at the point-of-sale and maintains cash handling controls.
· Maximizes donations and controls inventory levels by ensuring all saleable products reach the sales floor through monitoring and coaching production staff to achieve production expectations.
· Communicates current sales promotions and events.
· Ensures reporting is accurate and completed on time, including payroll, daily register reports and weekly sales results.
· Executes all seasonal and specialty sets.
· Ensures maintenance of front line equipment.
· Meets weekly with management team to understand, plan and execute business performance strengths and opportunities.
· Maintains consistent product flow to the sales floor; ensures replenishment of new goods programs; ensures appropriate salvage procedures are followed.
· Executes merchandising and housekeeping to standards.
Ensures the retail store runs efficiently and effectively.
· Ensures the retail store runs efficiently and effectively
· Utilizing store audits, monitors Softlines sizing and Hardlines standards utilizing store audits.
Click here to enter text.
Ensures store employees are trained and developed; manages store personnel needs
· Trains all new employees in floor standards and following merchandising guide. Ensures that all employees receive on-going training in regards to sales floor placement of product, seasonal merchandising, customer service and updated policies and procedures.
· Meets weekly with management team to plan, update and improve business.
· Generates high employee morale and productivity by creating an atmosphere that consistently recognizes and rewards individual initiative and teamwork.
· Gives prompt, constructive (formal and informal) feedback; this includes coaching employees on performance and assisting in performance documentation.
· Recruits, develops and manages a diverse staff and participates in hiring decisions.
· Ensures employees are trained on organizational rules, policies and procedures.
· Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed on all issues.
Community Services and Programs
Ensures continued community involvement and education around Goodwill-Easter Seals.
· Models and trains employees to be good role models.
· Executes all job duties in a manner that promotes employment and a quality participant experience.
· Educates customers and employees about GES’ Mission.
· Understands and actively supports the organization’s inclusion and diversity efforts, and works respectfully and effectively across cultures.
Safety and Asset Protection
Follows and adheres to loss prevention and safety procedures and initiatives.
· Follows and holds employees accountable for adhering to loss prevention and safety procedures and initiatives.
· Ensures all customer accidents and workers’ compensation reporting is completed accurately and on time.
· Actively works to reduce workers’ compensation incidents and customer accidents.
Other Duties as assigned
Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to communicate effectively with supervisors, employees and customers.
· Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong people management and coaching skills.
· Ability to build a strong team.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
· Knowledge/expertise in working with persons with disadvantages and/or disabilities and barriers to employment.
· Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to interact with a diverse population in a human services setting.
· 3-5 years of relevant experience.
· Associate’s degree in a related field.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.