This position is responsible for maximizing donations to ensure sales and revenues are met by providing leadership and guidance. Creates a store environment focused on customer service, safety and employee satisfaction, while executing store operations within organizational guidelines. Leads Goodwill-Easter Seals’ mission and values.
Ensures the retail store runs efficiently and effectively.
· Maximizes donations and controls inventory levels by ensuring all saleable products reach the sales floor through monitoring and coaching production staff to achieve production expectations.
· Leads donation attendants in creating a friendly and engaging environment with donors.
· Models and directs excellence in customer service; ensures customer concerns and complaints are handled in a timely and satisfactory manner.
· Assumes Manager on Duty responsibilities when assigned.
· Responsible for effectively directing and controlling all day-to-day activities.
· Ensures required reporting is accurate and completed on time.
· Ensures proper authorization procedures at point-of-sale and maintains proper cash controls.
· Follows policies and procedures and executes directives in a timely manner.
Ensures store employees are trained and developed and manages store personnel needs.
· Generates high employee morale and productivity by creating an atmosphere that consistently recognizes and rewards individual initiative and teamwork.
· Gives prompt, constructive (formal and informal) feedback; this includes helping employees create individual development plans, coaching employees on performance, and assisting in performance documentation.
· Recruits, develops and leads a diverse staff and participates in hiring decisions.
· Ensures employees are trained on organizational rules, policies and procedures.
· Ensures participants’ work plans are complete and up to date; assists in completing participants’ work assessments; provides timely feedback and reporting to Case Managers on participants’ progress and issues.
· Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed on all issues.
Community Services and Programs
Ensures continued community involvement and education around Goodwill-Easter Seals mission.
· Meets weekly with management team to plan, update and improve business.
· Educates customers and employees about GES’ Mission.
· Understands and actively supports the organization’s inclusion and diversity efforts, and works respectfully and effectively across cultures.
Store Business Management
Ensures financial and business control through reporting and communication.
Safety and Asset Protection
Ensures safety and protection of employees, assets and facilities.
Additional Duties as assigned
Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to communicate effectively with supervisors, employees and customers.
· Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Strong people management and coaching skills.
· Ability to build a strong team.
· Ability to recruit quality individuals.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
· Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
· Knowledge/expertise in working with persons with disadvantages and/or disabilities and barriers to employment.
· Ability to interact with a diverse population in a human services setting.
· 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related field.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.