This position is responsible for supervising and working directly with the processors, ensuring production, quality and pricing goals are met, using the LEAN manufacturing model. The accurate and efficient performance of these tasks increases productivity and profitability which support the overall organizational mission.
Provides customers with quality, right priced product
· Works with processors to achieve production goals.
· Trains processors and ensures accurate pricing using the most current pricing guidelines.
· Ensures no salable product is placed in trash, bale or other containers not designated for the sales floor.
· Receives and processes commercial products according to procedures, the communications manual and purchased goods weekly updates.
· Ensures compliance with contract requirements such as commercial product defacing.
· Processes, prices and saves product for seasonal storage promotions.
· Tracks and records production numbers and reports daily results to the store.
· Maintains consistent product flow to the sales floor to achieve production goals.
· Completes and documents required paperwork on production, accident and incident reports, work plans and work orders in a timely manner.
· Ensures all Presort Operations are meeting daily goals.
Ensures that employees receive ongoing training on organizational guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Assumes manager on duty responsibilities when another manager is not present.
· Helps recruit, train and develop staff.
· Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed on all issues and documents actions as appropriate.
· Generates high employee morale and productivity by creating an atmosphere that consistently recognizes and rewards individual initiative and teamwork.
· Gives prompt and constructive feedback, both formally and informally.
· Assists in the creation of individual development plans.
· Coaches employees on performance and assists in performance documentation.
Provides a work environment to train and develop participants in achieving their goals
· Models and trains employees to be role models and mentors.
· Works respectfully and effectively across cultures.
· Executes duties in a manner that promotes employment and a quality participant experience.
· Works with Case Managers to ensure Participants work plans are up-to-date and complete.
· Assists in completing Participants’ work assessments.
· Provides timely feedback to Case Manager on all issues and progress.
Safety and Asset Protection
Follows and holds employees accountable for adhering to loss prevention and safety procedures.
· Ensures housekeeping standards are met on a daily basis.
· Ensures that employees follows all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
· Participates in monthly safety meetings, huddles and drills with employees.
· Communicates Consumer Products Safety Recalls to entire department to ensure compliance.
· Ensures employee safety certification and training is complete.
· Actively works to reduce workers’ compensation incidents/accidents.
· Ensures all personal belongings of staff are kept in lockers.
Other Duties as Assigned
Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate with supervisors, employees and customers.
· Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Strong people management and coaching skills.
· Ability to build a strong team.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to interact with a diverse population in a human services setting.
· High level of initiative and self-motivation.
· Perseverance and commitment to getting the job done.
· Production, processing or grading skills.
· 3 years of relevant experience
· Associate’s degree in a related field.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.