The Assistant Store Manager 2 (retail store with annual revenue between $1.5M and $2.49M) is responsible for maximizing donations to ensure sales and revenues are met by providing leadership and guidance to create a store environment focused on customer service and employee satisfaction, while executing store operations within organizational guidelines. Provides supervision and direction to employees while performing job duties in support of Goodwill-Easter Seals’ mission and values.
Ensures the retail store runs efficiently and effectively.
· Directs and controls day-to-day activities and assumes Manager on Duty role when on the sales floor; makes timely, high quality decisions using analysis, experience and judgment.
· Models and directs excellence in customer service by ensuring employees are providing fast and accurate service at the registers and that customer concerns and complaints are handled to the customer/donor’s satisfaction at store level.
· Maximizes donations and controls inventory levels by ensuring all saleable products reach the sales floor through monitoring and coaching production staff to achieve production expectations.
· Leads production supervisor in creating a friendly and engaging environment with donors.
· Ensures all reporting is accurate and completed on time.
· Ensures proper authorization procedures are followed at the point-of-sale and maintains proper cash controls.
· Responsible for effectively directing and controlling all day-to-day activities.
· Follows policies and procedures and executes directives in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates a strong networking relationship within the community and builds strong relationships with peer group and other Goodwill store locations and partners.
Ensures store employees are trained and developed; manages store personnel needs.
· Generates high employee morale and productivity by creating an atmosphere that consistently recognizes and rewards individual initiative and teamwork.
· Gives prompt, constructive (formal and informal) feedback; this includes helping employees create individual development plans, coaching employees on performance and assisting in performance documentation.
· Recruits, develops and manages a diverse staff and participates in hiring decisions.
· Ensures employees are trained on organizational rules, policies and procedures.
· Ensures participants’ work plans are up to date and complete; assists in completing participants’ work assessments; provides timely feedback and reporting to Case Managers on participants’ progress and issues.
· Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed on all issues.
Store Business Management
Ensures financial and business control through reporting and communication.
· Meets weekly with management team to understand, plan and execute business performance strengths and opportunities.
· Maximizes commercial product margins through pricing, proper presentation and accurate entry.
· Maintains consistent product flow to the sales floor; ensures appropriate salvage procedures are followed.
· Executes merchandising and housekeeping to standards; creates merchandising plans for seasonal sets and executes the plan through others.
Community – Services and Programs
Ensures continued community involvement and education around Goodwill-Easter Seals.
· Meets weekly with management team to plan, update and improve business.
· Educates customers and employees about GES’ Mission.
· Understands and actively supports the organization’s inclusion and diversity efforts, and works respectfully and effectively across cultures.
Safety and Asset Protection
Ensures safety and protection of employees, assets and facilities.
· Follows and holds employees accountable for adhering to loss prevention and safety procedures and initiatives; this includes ensuring that the team follows all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, facilitating and participating in monthly safety meetings and drills with employees, and ensuring employee safety certification and training are complete and documented.
· Actively works to reduce workers’ compensation incidents and customer accidents.
· Ensures all customer accidents and workers’ compensation reporting is completed accurately and on time.
Other Duties as Assigned
Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to communicate effectively with supervisors, employees and customers.
· Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Strong people management and coaching skills.
· Ability to build a strong team.
· Knowledge/expertise in working with persons with disadvantages and/or disabilities and barriers to employment.
· Ability to recruit quality individuals.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
· Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to interact with a diverse population in a human services setting.
· 5-8 years of relevant experience.
· Hard and Softline experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.